Saturday, July 30, 2016

Overview of Teaching with Technology

At the beginning of this class, I was nervous and scared because I am not good with computers and computer programs.  I have always been the type of student who needs to be shown how to do something first.  In other words, I need class time experience and then I can do stuff at home.  This class, however, has not been like that.  We were thrown into the class and forced to take everything head on.  We had the tutorials to watch and learn from, but for the most part we have had to play around with every program to learn how they operate.  I am not use to learning in this fashion.  It was very intimidating in the beginning.  I was given advice by Dr. Smirnova, and I appreciate her advice more than I could ever express.  I was ready to drop the class and give up.

Dr. Smirnova told me to stay in the class, she believed in me when I didn't believe in myself.  No words can ever express how much that did for me.  I am now able to do so much more today than I could before I took this class.  Derek, Patrick, Claudia, and Brian have all helped me as well.  I appreciate their help so much.  Derek was and is an excellent partner and group member all throughout this semester.  He is going to be a great Science teacher. 

Now that we have completed this course, I feel that I am better for it.  I can now confidently incorporate technology resources in my future math class.  I now know how to Blog, Screencast, Prezi, Powerpoint, and so many other programs.  I think we have all shared in this struggle and come out better people.  This may have been the toughest course I have ever taken in my educational career, but it's now complete.  I feel like I have grown through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment